Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Poppies!

Hello Everyone!

So, when I saw the Gifted gift guide from Creature Comforts, I immediately noticed these:


The poppies on top of the packages are beautiful, right? I wondered where they came from and how I could get one of my own. Turns out Ez makes them herself. Not only that but she has a tutorial on how to do it. 



As luck might have it, they are super-simple to make! So naturally we had to make a few for our tree. We attached ours to clothes-pins so we can clip them to the branches easily. Here is one of ours:


The chiffon melts instantly, so watch her candle technique carefully. As you can see we got a little too close to the flame a couple of times... It's really obvious on the white background, fortunately, you don't notice it on the tree. It should also be noted that ten-year-olds like to melt things with candles so Lu had a very good time helping to make these! 


Here's a closer view of ours. 

If you love the poppy but you don't have the time/inclination to make them yourself, Ez has kits for sale in her shop right here. Each kit has a finished poppy, one yard of baker's twine, a small gold pin (if you want to wear it as an accessory) and an adhesive dot if you rather use it to top a gift.  I think I want to make one to wear as a pin. Except this time I think I'll make it a little more opaque with a few more petals, It'll make a cute lapel pin :-)

See you tomorrow!
H

3 comments:

  1. wow, heather, they are really beautiful. thanks for sharing. i won't have time to make any before christmas, but maybe in my free time... uh... in the summer? joy and laughs, n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poppies are so pretty! I love the subtle sparkle. I'm so envious of all you people who are taking wrapping so dang seriously. More impressed than envious, I guess. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BWAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA, wrapping *wipes tear from eye* Oh Lauren, I haven't started wrapping yet. Those were for the tree... wrapping, pffft, we do that on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! I'd love to hear from you so please comment, it would make my day!

Note: Home Again Jog is a troll-free zone, nasty comments won't be published, period.