Thursday, June 30, 2011

Drywall Gray

Context really matters. I had picked Martha Stewart's paint in "Dolphin" for my kitchen walls. I thought it was a lovely gray color on the swatch. I wanted to see how it would look on the wall throughout the day so I taped the swatch to the wall but when I stepped back I immediately thought "It's the color of drywall. I'm painting my kitchen drywall gray."

Drywall gray is on the left in case you couldn't guess.















Now I have no idea what to do. I'm worried that if I paint it that color it will forever be in my mind as "drywall gray". The other color is a little too bright. It might be back to the drawing board for me.

So where are the drawer dividers that you promised?
Hmmm, about that...

It was looking like it was going to happen, I collected all the stuff I needed: I had the 3" x 1/4" poplar boards,


I had my tape measure, (I know it's the wrong kind, gimme a break will ya?)


I had the party centerpiece complete with a festive bow,


I had the big pile o' silverware,


And I had the drawer.

Ta-Dah!
I was ready to get started. Then I had this thought wander through my mind, "I should probably put the hardware on before I add semi-permanent dividers.". Here's the problem, I'm very nervous about putting the pulls on the drawers. Drilling the holes in the right spot is picky.




And the guide that I purchased to help with the drilling of the holes does not have the correct spacing. The one for the knobs is great, the one for the pulls is useless.


So I'm leaving you with a blank bank of drawers while I work up the courage to drill holes in them.

I installed the knob on the left with no problem.
Hopefully I'll have something to show you tomorrow.

H


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! I'd love to hear from you so please comment, it would make my day!

Note: Home Again Jog is a troll-free zone, nasty comments won't be published, period.