Friday, July 1, 2011

Our Room Design

Here is the Design Board for our almost completed room,



and here's where we got the goods:

  1. The fabric that is the centerpiece of the room from Serena and Lily
  2. Frontier pale blue wool rug from Layla Grayce
  3. Chunky wood bed frame in chocolate from West Elm
  4. Laura Ashley Daliya capiz shell chandelier available from Amazon
  5. Knobs for my great grandma's dresser here from Anthropologie
  6. Wall paint in Martha Stewart's "Salt Glaze" and ceiling paint (also Martha) in "Moonstone" at Home Depot
  7. Beige linen fabric, available from lots of places.

I nabbed a few accessories from Pottery Barn:
Clockwise from top left: Fisherman Knit Blanket and Shams, Water Carafe , Silver-Plated Julep Cup, and Charleston Clock
I also purchased some new artwork from one of my favorite artists, Hadley Hutton.
Chip Bird in the Yellow Dogwood Blossoms



Magnolia Nest
These are both available from Hadley's Etsy Shop here and from her website here. One day I plan on doing a post devoted to her work. I'm a fan!

I found this print on Etsy from Geninne's Art Store.

Elephant

I thought it was brilliant! Her shop is here.

My friend Susan and I were discussing (via email) the concept of shopping at IKEA so you can decorate with Pottery Barn or better yet, Etsy (It's always good to support an individual designer). The concept being that the details, not the big stuff, are what make a room special. All of the furniture in my room is either used, on sale or from IKEA or Target. So while you may be able to identify my IKEA Malm nightstands, I'm hoping that you won't notice them because the details of the room will pull your focus. 

Of course my room is still a construction zone at the moment so the mess is where you'll focus. (Notice that I'm not posting a picture yet? That would be why.)

May you have a fantastic 4th of July weekend! Don't set anything on fire with your sparklers.

See you Tuesday,
H

2 comments:

Welcome! I'd love to hear from you so please comment, it would make my day!

Note: Home Again Jog is a troll-free zone, nasty comments won't be published, period.