Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Seeing Rainbows

The party was a success. I have no pictures of the actual party to post here because I didn't ask permission to post other people's kids. I do have pics of the finished rainbow cake & cupcakes.

Disclaimer: I'm a terrible photographer and Photoshop only can do so much.

First is the invite that I whipped up on Illustrator.





































Cute & quick. I have a business in mind regarding customize-able invites, stationary and announcements that you can print on your home computer. That's probably going to be September's project. Anyway...

Onto the baking.

Here's the rainbow stack:





















Here's the finished cake:

The rainbow on top was Lu's idea.


















And here's a slice, it really does look like Play-Doh.



























It was a vanilla cake with my sister's vanilla buttercream frosting.

These are the cupcakes with the sugar rainbows (which I posted about here). Again vanilla/vanilla, I REALLY wanted some chocolate in there but it would't work with the decorations, pbbbt.

















Here are the cute striped paper straws:

Again, Photoshop can only do so much.























And finally, the party piece de resistance:

Festive, no?






























The chop saw in the middle of the kitchen floor on the soon-to-be-removed, original 1973 linoleum.

Yep. Classy. What's worse is that I didn't move it for the entire party, (no, it wasn't plugged in). A parent who is helping us with our drywall, which you can see in some of the pictures, arrived early, and we discussed the kitchen drywall until the next kids arrived, so I was distracted...

Actually, that's not true... Here's the real truth,  I didn't even notice the saw until the end of the party. That's so bad, huh? Our house has been under construction for over a year now so the equipment is just part of the visual landscape for me.... So embarrassing. *sigh*

At the very least I should have put some streamers on it, since it was staying.

Fortunately, the parents were both casual and gracious. I fed them well too ;-)

Happy Summer!
H

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I bet she loved it. Nice work. Too bad you couldn't have worked the saw into some sort of party game...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! I'd love to hear from you so please comment, it would make my day!

Note: Home Again Jog is a troll-free zone, nasty comments won't be published, period.