Tuesday, July 5, 2011

And if You Go Chasing Rabbits

And you know you're going to fall... You HAVE to know that song! White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane? If you don't know it (don't tell me if you don't or I might die from shock) you have to get it. I'm an Alice in Wonderland fan and I particularly appreciate how AiW can be a little creepy. Jefferson Airplane did a really good job bringing out the creepy Alice. I imagine Lewis Carroll drank a lot of Absinthe while he was writing the book.

... Anyway, I've had the thought to do an AiW wall in my house somewhere but the truth is I don't have a wall I'm willing to sacrifice to Alice. So, I thought I'd post the basic idea here to see if you like it. Maybe be inspired to have a fun tribute to a story you love? Here's my Alice wall idea:



























The goods:

  1. Alice and White Rabbit prints from The Black Apple here and here. (The prints are unframed, I added those). I LOVE The Black Apple's version of Alice. She's done an entire series. I just love how she manages to make them sweet and creepy at the same time. How do you do that?
  2. Fairy Door Kit here.
  3. Drink Me necklace here.
  4. Caterpillar sculpture here.
  5. Tweedledee or Dum's cap on Amazon
Other things to add: a deck of cards, a "grin" or a cat, a key, a pocket watch, a flamingo, a mini croquet mallet (or a regular one if you have a big wall), a hat, a teacup, a mouse.... There are no shortage of things that could go on the wall. I may be talking myself into sacrificing a wall after all... hmmmm.

It's a beautiful day in Maine and I'm planning on cleaning (oh, joy) but I may scrap that and go outside.
Enjoy the sunshine if you have it!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! I'd love to hear from you so please comment, it would make my day!

Note: Home Again Jog is a troll-free zone, nasty comments won't be published, period.